Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm Overwhelmed! Thank You

Friends Committee on National Legislation
Dear Friends,
I've been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from our network over the past weeks as I prepare to leave the FCNL staff as of April 1, 2009. You've sent me flowers, http://www.kathyguthrie.blogspot.com/ , recorded videos, http://www.youtube.com/group/fcnl
I'm also glad that the work I've done to connect people around the country with FCNL has been successful. I was touched by Margaret McCoy's reflection on her connection to the organization:
Kathy has enabled me to feel a partner with FCNL. I have relied on her for information that I needed to form my opinions about what has been happening in the world. She has encouraged me to be a participant in areas of importance to FCNL.
I was reminded by former Executive Secretary Ed Snyder that FCNL has successfully weathered transitions before. He recalls that I took over from another amazing woman, which reinforces my confidence that the current executive secretary, Joe Volk, and other FCNL staff members will carry on my legacy:
I hope you know how much I value your work with FCNL. I thought no one could ever successfully follow in Alison Oldham's footsteps, but you certainly have. Your role has been the hub of FCNL's successful work between the lobbyists on the Hill and the grassroots activists around the country.
From the bottom of my heart I thank you all.
Most sincerely,


Kathy
P.S. I value the feedback all of you provide to every email I send. Please don't stop sharing your thoughts after I'm gone. Joe welcomes your messages and will count on you to keep FCNL on its toes!

No comments: