Monday, November 10, 2008

I feel prouder to be an American today

Thanks for sending me this post Tim. I have to say that I feel an enormous weigh lifted off of my shoulders and this country's. Already Americans are being thought of differently across the globe. And, I myself have been holding my breath hoping that Americans would at least realize that the past 8 years have been bad enough to try something new. I feel like Michelle Obama when I say that I feel prouder to be an American today than I did last week.

I read some blogs that were nasty about Michelle's appearance and her choice of clothing. I guess that was a small percentage of people as later last night I saw a lot of complimentary comments on the beauty of our new First Family and the perfect style of Michelle's wardrobe - comparing her to Jackie Kennedy, but with a much better image of herself as a woman. What a momentous time for America.

Another article I read this morning says that people are running out to buy guns in record numbers before it is too late. I don't really care if people have hunting rifles. I do mind that it is still legally possible to purchase assault rifles. I do hope that "gap" is closed soon.

I am looking into my "crystal ball" and I can see smiling Americans all over the world - as well as smiling people of countries of our so-called "enemies." I don't however see Barack Obama flying over to drop in on Mr. Ahmadinejad without warning. Huh, I wouldn't even do that to my neighbor!

Mr. Obama has turned FEAR into HOPE!

Love and Peace, Merrily

No comments: